Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This is Ely, MN

Mark & Sydney tackling the big hill!
Climbing the ski hill!
Adorable Alli! We had a great weekend in Ely! We got there Thursday night and the kids were wired! It was so great to see Mark! We all slept in the same room (except Heidi, she got the living room to herself)... Friday we visited Mark at work (we only had to walk which was nice), and than in the evening Mark and I went to his work Christmas party. I met all the board members and their spouses and his coworkers and their spouses. It was nice, but definitely different. The people of Ely are really into their heritage and ancestry. It's kind of neat. Alot of them are from Finland and take pride in their family's past. They were very impressed with Mark! They said he is so "humble, friendly, personable, etc...". I knew he would be great at taking over!!!
Saturday we took the sleds out and hit the ski slopes to go sledding...man, was that a long hill. I think we only went down it a few times before we went to find a smaller hill! It was great. Cross country skiing is HUGE up there. They have alot of "clubs" and things for people to get involved with. Snowmobiling is also big, going on day trips to Grand Marais and back, or just going out into the wilderness! It was neat. Saturday night we walked downtown Ely with Carter and Sydney. It was so peaceful at night and beautiful.
Sunday we weren't feeling the greatest, so we hung around the house and than we headed back for good ole St Franny.
Heidi started school again and lost her locker and so she had to come home w/no coat/gloves! On a freezing below zero day! Bummer!
Sydney and I are busy putting together her Princess Birthday Cake, preparing for Saturday at Chucky Cheese! She can hardly wait.
Alli is blabbering "dada dadad" all the time and is just full of smiles!
We count down the days/hours until Daddy comes home...but for now we know "I know the plans I have for you, plan to help you, not harm you. Plans to prosper and plans for a future" Jeremiah 29:11
(Oh, thanks for praying, my nights are going better. I am getting much more sleep. Thank you)

2 comments:

Ruthy said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had a great weekend. I've been praying that your house sells, but He does know the plans He has for you! Ya, sure, that's good Finn country up there. I can teach you how to say "Oh my goodness, the cat peed in my shoe" in Finnish if ya want. =0) For more than that, you'd have to talk to my parents. Miss you guys; tell Sydney to have a Happy Birthday!!!

Shannon Fure said...

wow - so nice! Give me a call Monday if you're down here - what days would it be? I donate plasma Tues and Th. But let me know.

About Me

I am a wife and mother of three beautful children. I like to keep busy up here in Ely, since there isn't much to do. Sydney is in preschool, and I take the kids to ECFE every week. I am starting a ladies bible study 2 times a month and am also leading another bible study, twice a month. We love hiking, boating, fishing and going on dates together...we love our new life up here in Ely!